Re: Gnome & E

Michael Ziller wrote:

> Can the gnome-desktop and enlightenment debs be installed at the same time?
> It looks like gnome-desktop depends on libimlib1 which conflicts with e's
> imlib1...why the two different libraries anyway?
>
> Would it be possible to use dpkg's --force-depends option or would this raise
> conflicts?

Do they actually conflict?  I used them here and did not have any
problems.  I made the imlib pacakges, placed them in Hamm.  However the
Hamm versions have various bugs because of my lack of packaging
experience.  I remade my packages and did it correctly.  SO I renamed
them.  However dpkg could not follow the name change.  So I have put
them back to the original names.