xplaycd 2.3 without sound?

Hi!

I'm using a Pilipps CDD-3600 CD-Recorder (Atapi) under Debian 1.3.
I have applied the patches described in README.ATAPI and "cdrecord 1.6"
seems
to work, but "xplaycd" can not play the tracks and there is no sound
on the "phones" output of the drive.
Although it is possible to read the table of content and to jump to
the next and previous tracks.
If I press the "play" button, the LED blinks a few times and I get
the status information: "E-1".

If anybody knows about this problem please let me know?

Otto
--

Otto Wohlmuth
Technische Informatik VI