RE: dpkg-deb --build and the / partition

Umm...  At this point, finding the culprit is not as important
as making things work.  I can only think of a couple of things.
One is to make more space on / (if you can do it without messing
things up).  The other is to ask the maintainer (or other suitably
knowledgeable person).

jim