Install roblem (SCSI ?)

Here is a tough one I'm afraid (have not found any answer on dejanews).
I was trying to install hamm onto an old Dell 486SX/33 server, and upon
boot the kernel gives the following error (I tried bo installation disks -
the same result):

scsi0: Encountered spurious interrupt
scsi0: BRKADRINT error (0x1):
  Illegal Host Access
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address c0000000
current->tss.cr3=00101000, %cr3=00101000
*pde=00102067
*pte=00000000
Oops=0000
CPU:    0
EIP: 0010:[<001bda4f>]
EFLAG: 00010206

blablabla... STACK ......

After that the hamm version just freezes completely, while the bo still
allows fo scrolling with Shift-PgUp.

According to Win95, which BTW works on this machine fine, it has
Adaptec AIC-777x EISA SCSI Host Adapter
 io: 8c00-8cff, irq 11, mem: D0000-d3fff
SMC EtherCard PLUS Elite 16T (WD/8073W)
 io: 0300-031f, irq 10, mem: cc000-ccfff
Tseng Labs ET4000 display adapter

well, it also complained about lack of BIOS32 extension but I think it's
irrelevant.

So, any idea on how to get around ? Can I just specify something suitable
on the boot command line, or do I have to create a custom install disk
(what to watch for in this case ?)

Please, cc me directly to sqk0316@scires.nyu.edu
because I subscribed to digest only.

Thanks,