Re: Long text file to edit..

Carlos Marcos Kakihara wrote:

> 	I want to edit a 700MB text file. vi tells that the file is
> too long, and xemacs tells that "maximum buffer size something.." :)
> 	There is a way to view this file?

If you simply want to view the file and not edit it, I'd try something
like "more" which I believe just starts reading the file from the
beginning and doesn't care how big it is in total size.

If you want to edit it, and it is just text, what about splitting
it up into more manageable chunks using something like head or tail?

This could actually get quite tricky if you don't have enough space to
hold each peice, which is probably why vi and xemacs are complaining
in the first place!

Just some thoughts...
Keith