Re: [off-topic?] real audio capture?

On Thu, Jul 16, 1998 at 08:44:41PM -0400, Colin Telmer wrote:
> I am running a debian frozen system and would like to capture a real audio
> stream for future use. That may sound silly, but I find that ra is
> somewhat at the mercy of the speed of the net and it wobbles and bobbles
> sometimes. does anyone know how I can capture the stream into an .ra file?

I have lately been playing around with packet sniffers (and sort o f
trying my hand at writting my own)

Real Audio uses udp...you may have some luck using a sniffer and figuring
it out...and just logging UDP traffic on the right port
then playback...well..thats another story...

I supose tho it all could be done :) worth a shot anyway :)

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"