Re: Debian w/ Win95?

    linux newbie <linux-newbie@vger.rutgers.edu>
> Subject: Re: Debian w/ Win95?
>
> I have Debian and Winbloze on my 2.0 gig hd just fine.  The only problem
> is, Winbloze will not see any partition that is not it's own format.  When
> you format a partition for linux, you will lose sight of that partition in
> Win95.  Linux, on the other hand, can see all partitions, so you can still
> copy files between the two paritions.  Debian will run on either drive,
> but it might be easier to put it on a second since you'd have to reformat
> your 4.3 inorder to partition it.

No. If you use software like Partition Magic you can resize/add/delete
partitions like you want to. And there is some software that will allow
you to mount an ext2 partition read-only under windows. I don't have that
software, I hust heard about it.

   Karel Bemelmans
   Narfum Inc. System Administrator

  [-- Contact --] -->  karel.bemelmans@village.uunet.be