efax printing PS code..?

I seem to have a problem with my Postscript output (saved from MS Word) that I
am tring to fax via efax!  Quite simply it prints the postscript code.

I look at the *.ps files with ghostscript and it looks fine.  I use ghostview
and it views just fine.  If I use efax's "view" option or if I try to print
via efix, I get ps code?  What is it that it wants from me.  I cannot make the
postscript files with 'fax make fax.ps'... it will make a 2 page postscript
file baloon into 19 pages of postscript code.

Any ideas
--Jay Barbee