Re: 3-button mouse

Do you have gpm recognizing the 3rd button in the console mode?
If so, you can use gpm -R (and all the other gpm options you usually give)
to reproduce the events on /dev/gpmdata,
and configure X to read the events from there, using MouseSystems
protocol.

Be sure to read Mouse HOWTO and gpm manpage.

Under X, be sure you do not have 3rd button emulation on once you have a
real 3rd button. Check your /etc/X11/XF86Config.

HTH,
	vassilii