Need good ftp-client, Checking links on webserver

Hi:

1) I would need an ftp client which is able to delete recursively a whole
   directory tree on the remote host. I tried ncftp, xftp, qftp, cftp ...

   (I cannot telnet to this machine, it is a web-server, I have only ftp
   access to it.)

   Does such a thing exist?

2) Is there some program in order to check all local links in my
   html-project? I tried hsc, but it does not seem to be appropriate,
   it is to powerful/complains about so many things I cannot afford to
   correct ...

Thanks.

Clemens Heuberger
Institut fuer Mathematik (A)       Tel: (+43 316) 873-7127
Technische Universitaet Graz       Fax: (+43 316) 873-7126
Steyrergasse 30/II                 e-mail:cheub@weyl.math.tu-graz.ac.at
A-8010 Graz, Austria               http://finanz.math.tu-graz.ac.at/~cheub/