Re: Debian 1.3 with AHA2842B

Maybe the reason that the RH installation disks work on your
box and Debian doesnt is kernel related.  Make a Debian 2.0
(hamm) rescue disk and try to boot.  I am pretty sure that the
hamm installation disks have a later kernel than the 1.3
installation disks.

If this works, I suggest you make the rest of the 2.0 installation
set and install hamm.

Mike