Re: the time

To my knowledge there is no app that will change the time PERMANENTLY.
That is why I said that the BIOS should be fixed.  I used date, and
another app (I forget what) on a bo box here at work.  When it rebooted
(long story) the time was wrong again.  So I had to reboot it AGAIN.
Yuck.  If you can, just take it down, set the time correctly, and then
make sure your timezone info is right.  The timezones won't make your
clock this far wrong, but it could be contributing.