Ethernet Question

Hi Everyone,

I've managed to get tcp/ip networking up and running on my Debian machine.
I have my 3com 3x509 configured to ip address 192.168.0.1, I have one other
machine on my local network(for now) and it is ip 192.168.0.2.

How can I get my debian machine to see(ping) the other machine?

My hub shows activity but ping just sits there like it is receiving nothing.

Does this have something to do with the routing table? I've been studying a
little and the more I read about the routing tables the more confused I get.

Could someone clear my up on this?

Thanks for any help in advance