Re: Hamm in Australia? Yes!

On Sun, Jul 12, 1998 at 12:21:39AM +1000, Tyson Dowd wrote:
> On 30-Jun-1998, Damon Muller <damon@empire.net.au> wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > > Part of the problem is that we pay for bandwidth used in Australia --
> > > $230/Gb on most of the backbones. It's just a bit cheaper to get
> > > a CD from the USA.
> >
> > If any of the (hopefully many) Australian debain users on the list come
> > accross a reasonably priced hamm CD in Australia, a quick note to the
> > list would be really appreciated!
>
> I am shipping hamm CDs in Australia.
>
> The price is $10 including postage in Australia, which I think is very
> reasonable.

It IS very reasonable, unfortunately I just ordered a couple from
Cheapbytes in the USA. Not only will they take 2 weeks to get here,
it's going to cost me about $12 in the end too.

I have a burner here but couldn't work out how to actually download
the image -- unfortunately I'm a mere undergrad and don't have sufficient
disk space on any server at uni, nor a good way to get the image
to my own PC, and this machine (rising.com.au) is paying for bandwidth.

Perhaps I will give you a yell when hamm is out for real.

Hamish