Making my modem usefull (1)..................

Hi, again people.....

I just made mi modem work well, but it is still "useless".
It still cant connect to the internet. I have tried to use dip, but when
i enter the ppp mode, the modem hangs up. I have also tried with wvdial
and it said me this:
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT 6003011011
--> Waiting for carrier.
ATDT 6003011011
CONNECT 33600/ARQ/V34/LAPM/V42BIS
--> Carrier detected.  Waiting for prompt.
Bienvenido a InterAccess
Login:
--> Looks like a login prompt.
--> Sending: filsin
filsin
Password:
--> Looks like a password prompt.
--> Sending: (password)
    Entering PPP Mode.
    IP address is X.X.X.X
    MTU is xxxx.
--> Looks like a welcome message.
--> Starting pppd at Thu Jul  9 20:43:10 1998
--> PPP daemon has died! (exit code = 1)
--> Disconnecting at Thu Jul  9 20:43:11 1998

          Is this a modem problem or just a configuration of ppp
problem?? (I make this question, because i dont want to spend 80 hours
reading manuals of ppp, and then it will be a modem problem.... ).
Im getting a little frustating about this, this is i think almost the
8th message about my modem...

             THANKS
             phillip neumann
             filsin@hotmail.com

PS: If this is a ppp configuration problem, i would be happy to recive
some clues to resolve the problem....