Re: Parallel drives

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 04:00:10PM -0500, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Robert Henry Rati wrote:
>
> : Will Debian 2.0 solve the problem of not being about to have a parallel
> : removable drive and lp drivers loaded at the same time?
>
> I was under the impression that this was a kernel limitation; I believe
> it's being addressed in the 2.1 kernels.

Yes, I'm running 2.1.106 here, with my parallel Zip and printer.

I works great!

I can access the drive and print at the same time, and the Zip drive works
multiple times faster than with 2.0.x kernels. I don't know why, but copying
netscape to Zip lasted many minutes with the old kernel, and takes seconds
with the new.

Marcus