unsubscribe

> debian-user-digest Digest                               Volume 98 : Issue 552
>
> Today's Topics:
>          unsubscribe
>          Re: How to enable pop3?

> debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:

> > debian-user-digest Digest                               Volume 98 : Issue
550

> > Today's Topics:
> >          unsubscribe
> >          Linux print server, windows machines

> > debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:

> > > debian-user-digest Digest                               Volume 98 : Issue
548

> > > Today's Topics:
> > >          unsubscribe
> > >          Re: Where is Netscape?
> > >          Matrox Millenium G200
> > >          Re: Inoperative ls in wu-ftpd-academ
> > >          Re: anyone have libc6_2.0.7pre1-4.deb (for intel) ?
> > >          Debian ascentia910N
> > >          RE: Debian ascentia910N
> > >          apt and passive ftp
> > >          compiling argus-1.7.beta.1b
> > >          hamm upgrade/c++ libraries
> > >          Re: mailx problem
> > >          Re: Man + Latex
> > >          Re: hamm upgrade/c++ libraries
> > >          Re: adding pcmcia module for updated kernel
> > >          Re: hamm upgrade/c++ libraries
> > >          Re: postgres intallation failed
> > >          Re: Newton connectivity?
> > >          Re: installing a modem under debian 1.3
> > >          Re: Problem installing a package with dpkg
> > >          How to enable pop3?
> > >          wu-ftpd hangs in local network
> > >          Re: Where is Netscape?

Issue 546

PATH=/usr/uxs:/root/uxs:/root/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/

>local/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/lib/postgres
/usr/lib/postgresql/lib -r /va

listmaster@lists.debian.org

> > >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: Re: Where is Netscape?
> > > Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 01:09:28 +0300
> > > From: Shaul <shaul@rakefet.debian.org>
> > > To: Ed Cogburn <ecogburn@greene.xtn.net>
> > > CC: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

> > > Is there a .deb v4 installer for Bo ? It seems to me that the ftp sites
are
> > > only keeping the one for Hamm ?
> > >
> > > --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

requested)

> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if the Martox Millenium G200 is compatiable with XFree?
Its a
> > > new AGP card, and I amd asking if it compatiable before I go out and buy
it.
> > > If not does anyone know where I could go and find out if it is?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Graham
> > >
> > > --
listmaster@lists.debian.org

> > >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: Re: Inoperative ls in wu-ftpd-academ
> > > Date: Mon, 29 Jun 98 10:26:56 +0200
> > > From: Harald Schueler <hs@ILP.Physik.Uni-Essen.DE>
> > > To: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@primenet.com>
> > > CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > >
> > > Am Sun, 28 Jun 1998 schrieb Bob Nielsen: > In wu-ftpd-academ 2.4.2.16-9
(hamm), I'm not getting any response to an ls > command with an anonymous
connection. I know there was a bug report on > an earlier version had included
libc5 files in /home/ftp/lib with binaries > linked with libc6. With that
version, I copied the correct lib files into > /home/ftp/lib and everything
started working again. > > The current installation has the correct lib files
reported by ldd, but ls > still doesn't wor
> > > Try setting the x-bit on the library files in ~ftp/lib. This fixed it for
me. (see also bug #22323) --- Harald Schueler Universitaet Essen Tel
+49-201-183-2456/2568 Fachbereich 7 Fax +49-201-183-2120 45117 Essen E-mail
hs@ILP.Physik.Uni-Essen.DE

> > > a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact
> > > listmaster@lists.debian.org
> > >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: Re: anyone have libc6_2.0.7pre1-4.deb (for intel) ?
> > > Date: 29 Jun 1998 08:54:47 GMT
> > > From: Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
> > > To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> > >
> > > Richard Kilgore <rkilgore@lore.ece.utexas.edu> wrote:
> > > : I'm trying to figure out what broke my rsh and rlogin to user
> > > : root.  If I do "rsh -l root localhost cmd" I get
> > >
> > > :    rcmd: localhost: Success
> > >
> > > : as output, the cmd never happens, and there's nothing useful in
> > > : the log files.  I just recently upgraded to libc6_2.0.7r-2, so
> > > : I'm suspecting the code in rcmd() code to start.
> > >
> > > It's a bug in rcmd.c in function iruserok. A patch goes out
> > > to the maintainer this week hopefully.
> > >
> > > Ciao ...
> > >         ... PIT ...
> > >
> > > --

listmaster@lists.debian.org

> > >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: Debian ascentia910N
> > > Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:20:21 +0100 (BST)
> > > From: Robert E Steward <robert@cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk>
> > > To: debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
> > >
> > > Dear All,
> > >         Has anyone out there tried to install debian on the AST ASCENTIA
> > > 910N laptop.I have partitioned the disk, and formated the second
partition
> > > as DOS. The rescue disk read up until "boot:".Then <ENTER> causes
> > > root.bin...." to be displayed & then it hangs.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions welcome, not matter how dumb I`ve been.
> > >
> > > Robert

> > >            Robert Steward
> > >
> > >         Department of Biochemistry
> > >         Tennis Court Road
> > >         Cambridge
> > >
> > >         robert@cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk
> > >
> > >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: RE: Debian ascentia910N
> > > Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 05:51:11 -0600 (MDT)
> > > From: Mark Ciciretti <mciciretti@mail.dzn.com>
> > > To: robert@cryst.bioc.cam.ac.uk
> > > CC: debian-user-digest@lists.debian.org
> > >
> > > Try the tecra boot disks in
> > > ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/stable/disks-i386/current/special/tecra/

> > > ----------------------------------
> > > E-Mail: Mark Ciciretti <mciciretti@mail.dzn.com>
> > > Date: 29-Jun-98
> > > Time: 05:46:43
> > > ----------------------------------
> > >
> > >     ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Subject: apt and passive ftp
> > > Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:07:02 -0400
> > > From: Patrick Scott Pierce <pspierce@slacker.design.mindspring.net>
> > > To: deb-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> > >
> > > I have not looked into the underbelly of apt but I assume it is using the
ftp protocal.  Going on that assumption, can or is it utilizing passive ftp?  I
have no difficulties at home w/ apt but at work it dies like an ugly beast.  My
first thought was the passive ftp issue.

73126.626@compuserve.com