Re: awe64, how?

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 09:07:14PM +0200, michael/badpixel wrote:
> hi!
>
> one of my friends are trying to use his awe64 with linux...
> does anyone know what to use? can he use the standart sb16 driver in the
> kernel? what about alsa .. please send config files :)

http://homepage.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/Marcus.Brinkmann/soundblaster.html

The howto is also on sunsite and mirrored everywhere.

Alsa is definitely not for you. It is a development project and has only
limited support for SB cards (as for any cards).
(Note: I *love* alsa and will work on it... it is just not what your friend
may want).

The standard sb16 driver will work but not support all features of your
card. Please see my howto, too.

Marcus