PCI PNP was 56k Modems

The PCI modems are fairly new, be on the look out for sound cards
too(ISA will eventually disappear from new motherboards thus the PCI
versions).  I decided to go with this to free up a ISA slot... I only
have two, and one is ISA/PCI slot(shares the same case slot)!  There is
little doubt in my mind that Linux would support PCI modems, the only
real deference is the hardware-level protocol they use(unless it like
win hardware).  All that is needed is the PCI support, but then I run
into the problem with Plug and Play.  If linux doesn't support PCI PNP,
I can't find the card, let alone use it.

If shouldn't be too hard to add support for.. As few additions to the
pnpdumb detection code, and isapnp implementation to make PCI card
exist. I'm definitely going to speak with Diamond about this(to check
for "special" or non-standard uart/driver implementations).

Philip Thiem
witwerg@socket.net