Repost: Problems with my mutt

Since nobody replied to this (probably because it was sent during the
evil list feedback), I'm reposting it as it is a fairly urgent question.

My e-mail account is with my ISP, meaning I dial-up using PPP and use
an smtp host provided by my ISP to send mail.  I use smail as my MTA.
I used to use pine as my MUA and everything worked fine.  However, I
recently switched to mutt (I like it much better).  It seemed to be
working fine for a while.  My messages to this list (this one is even
coming from mutt) and to a few other people have worked fine.
However, my friend at a local ISP is unable to receive messages from
me when I send them using mutt.  I've been looking at the differences
in the headers from pine and mutt, and the only two differences were
that pine included an "X-Sender: ej@goomba" header and mutt did not
and Pine's return-path header looks like this "Return-Path:
ej@pitnet.net" and mutt's looks like this "Return-Path: ej@goomba".
I used the my_hdr's mutt command to add the X-Sender header, but that
did no good.  I haven't been able to figure out how to fix the
Return-Path header.  Would this invalid return-path cause my friend to
not be able to get my e-mail, and, if it would, how would I fix it?

--
 _____  _
| ____|(_)
     |__/