Re: xfstt

On Thu, Jul 09, 1998 at 07:54:55AM -0700, Bill Bell wrote:

> Will there be a more current version of xfstt in Debian 2.0?  I have
> been staying out of slink until I have a better handle on everything.
> xfstt 0.9.7-1 is the version I am seeing in Hamm today.

I am sorry but no.
I became the maintianer just after hamm went into code freeze, so I couldn't
upload a new version of the package unless it fixed major bugs...and
their weren't any releace critical bugs against it.

Also...these are new upstream versions...also a no no for code freeze.
Now with 2.0 in Beta....the only place I can put changes at all would
be in slink...soo....

the "up side" is that slink packages are pretty much interchangable with
hamm packages. Unlike the bo->hamm upgrade...slink as of yet makes
no major changes...
in fact form a "currrent" hamm system...I only needed to
download 13 MB of files to make a current slink system (as of 2 days ago)
of course the pitfalls mentioned before still apply to xfstt anyway
-Steve

--
/* -- Stephen Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> ------------------------------ */
A favorite quote from a source I forget: