Parameters for kernel

Hello friends,
==============

Is there any document describing all existing command lines which can be
passed to kernel using LILO's "append" parameter? Or do I just have to sniff
it out from the source codes of the kernel and from docs?

Oh, and one more question. Does pppd work with shadow password installed? I
want to set up a dial-in Linux box, but I had to put all passwords into
/etc/ppp/pap-secrets file because with login option I just got the message
Login incorrect (or similar, found in /var/log/ppp.log after turning on the
debug option).

Thank you very much in forward.

Looking forward to your answer
and wishing all the very best,