Re: Aarrgg! where in the latest imlib?

Ian Stuart wrote:

> I'm trying to get a Gnome desktop installed, and I'm trying to find
> gdk_imlib1.1_1
>
> I've spent two hours trawling several ftp archives, to no avail.
>
> please could some kind soul tell me where to get then d**n thing.
>
> many thanks.

Imlib and Gdk_imlib are packaged by me, GNOME is mostly packaged by Jim
Pick.  Both GNOME .20 and Imlib 1.6 is waiting in Incoming and should
appear in a mirror near you any year now (-:  You can get the deb's for
Imlib from my site: www.livenet.net/~shaleh/software -- grab all
gdk_imlib .debs and the Imlib base deb (get the imlib ones if you want
them).  GNOME can be had from www.jimpick.com.  The order to install is
as follows:

imlib-base.deb
libgdk_imlib
libgdk_imlib-dev (if you want to compile apps against it or you can
leave it off)
libgnome
libgnome-dev (again if you want to compile against it)
libgtkxhtml
gnome-core
whatever else you want

if you run dpkg -I on a package it will list the dependencies and the
description (that is a capital 'I' not a small 'i').