Re: What should I mirror?

On Wed, Jul 08, 1998 at 04:28:59PM +0100, Fernando Fernandez wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a private mirror of debian in one of our servers so that I
> can install/update a machine fast with the *latest* versions.

Thats cool...wish I had the disk space....

> The problem is that I have not much disk space and I would like
> to keep the mirrored files to a minimum. With my current mirror
> configuration I seem to be mirroring two copies of "hamm", one
> in /hamm and other in /dists/hamm.

hmm AFAIK
/dists/hamm should be a sym link back to /hamm
This is because under the new system (being used as of slink) it will actually
be dists/distname/ but hame got a sym link there instead.
if you really have 2 versions then I would consider dropping /dists
for now and just going with /hamm

later you can always change yer mirror to /dists/slink ;)
-Steve

> Are these directories both necessary? What is the minimum to have
> a Debian 2.0 full mirror?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Fernando
>

> --

/* -- Stephen Carpenter <sjc@delphi.com> ------------------------------ */
A favorite quote from a source I forget:
"Only Microsoft can take an algorithim that has been under years of
public scrutiny and weaken it to the point where the entire key space
can be searched in 3 days"