Re: laptop - Digital HiNote Ultra 2000

On 7 Jul 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> > ...windows 95 says it's on COM4.  I set it up for ppp but when I
> > run pon I get:
> >	tcgetattr: Input/output error(5)
> > What is wrong?
>
> That usually means that there isn't any hardware on that port.  What does
> 'setserial /dev/ttyS3' say?

It says:
/dev/ttyS3 UART: unknown, Port: 0x02e8, IRQ: 3

In fact, the only one that registers a known UART is /dev/ttyS0 which says
it is a 16550A.  But I doubt that this is the modem.

What could be wrong?  As I understand it, but modem is a pcmcia card
modem, except that it is built in, but I could be wrong on this.  Perhaps
for some reason the pcmcia driver hasn't recognised it???

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mark.