Re: Debian Package Manager "Worthless Junk"???

Bob Nielsen writes:
> (To be fair, I haven't used Red Hat since 4.2 and it may have improved
> since then, but they severely mismanaged the conversion to glibc.)

He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones, methinks...

Debian 1.3.1 is a year old.  Six months ago 2.0 was announced as "Near
Completion", when it was nearer inception than completion.

I'm not ragging on the Debian team, just saying lighten up on Red Hat
a little.  We're all on the same side, eh?  They chose to risk leaping
before looking, while Debian risked hesitating.  Was the latter more
prudent?  Maybe.  Are my Debian 1.3.1 systems prehistoric?  Yes.  Is
that bad?  Sometimes.

--
Pete Harlan
harlan@pointofchoice.com