Re: Weird crash with dhcpcd and X11

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> Do you use xdm? X wants to know what your IP address is for its security. Since you
> don't have an IP until after dhcp does its work, this could be a problem.

Actually, I had a somewhat similar problem and fixed it by keeping the
dpcpcd client in the foreground while it went out and fetched an ip
address. I don't remember exactly how I did it but it involved fiddling
with the /etc/init.d/dhcpcd script. I don't have the hack anymore as I
now use ADSL rather than a cable modem. Sorry.

--
Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<mailto:telmerco@telmer.com>