Re: Package to list all other packages in distribution?

On  6 Jul, E.L. Meijer (Eric) wrote:

>> > Wouldn't it be great if there was a Debian package to list, decribe and
>> > index all other packages?
>>
>> Yeah, I think so too.  Even cooler (IMHO) would be something that would tell
>> me what I have on the system. :)  I'm always looking at /var/lib/dpkg/available
>> and status to see what's up on my system (or not up, as the case may be).
>
> try `dpkg -l'.

I have written a graphical Debian package browser called dpkgview.
It is *not* a package installer - it is a browser for installed
packages.

It is in the early stages of development, but people are more than
welcome to test it, on the understanding that this is still beta
software.

I haven't had time since early May to do any serious work on it; having
recently become a father, but I'm hoping to have a hamm-compatible
package out sometime this month.

The URL is:

	http://www.netspace.net.au/~gcross/dpkgview/

Bug reports and comments would be appreciated.

Cheers
Graeme

--
Graeme Cross                                      gcross@netspace.net.au