Re: Newbe Question - Setting up X11

David R. Robison wrote:

> I new to Linux and I'm trying to setup X Windows. I loaded all the
> packages. When I run "startx" I get the following message:
>
> X: exec of /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_NONE failed
>
> Any idea what I've done wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> David Robison

	XF86_NONE indicates you haven't selected a default X server.  The
server you use depends on your video hardware; look at the xserver-*
packages (xserver-svga is probably the most common).  When you install a
server it will ask if you want to make it the default server.  If you
say yes then XF86_NONE will be removed.

--
Ed