Re: slrnpull + trn?

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Trevor Barrie wrote:

> Failing that, could anybody tell me how to get _any_ newsreader to read
> from an slrnpull spool? Including slrn? (I've tried both of the
> contradictory sets of instructions given in the documentation, but neither
> seem to work. Haven't had any luck with tin, either.)

I use slrn --spool.  I can't remember the details, but I know at first I
had a lot of trouble to get it to work.  If I remember correctly, I, as
root, deleted the /var/news/ directory because of trouble getting the
correct permissions.  Thereafter the slrnpull created the directory with
the correct permissions.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
      forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake
      hath forgiven you."
                                   Ephesians 4:32