Re: e2fsck

Ian Eure wrote:
  >On a similar topic, what do directory sizes mean? I can't seem to see any di
      >rect
  >connection between the size of a directory in an ls -l and it's contents, or
      > the
  >size of it's contents.

A directory is created with enough slots for a standard number of files.
If more files are put in the directory, its size grows to accommodate the
extra entries.  A directory does not shrink if files are deleted.
     "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
      forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake
      hath forgiven you."
                                   Ephesians 4:32