Re: How to clear screen before login prompt

On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 11:25:37PM +0800, Jieyao wrote:

> I was trying to do a clear screen after I logout from the console before the login
> prompt appears.
>
> Any idea how this can be done? I tried some escape sequence but doesn't
> work.
>
> TIA.

Many folks suggested adding the clear command to you ~/.bash_profile.
Such a meathod is probably a bit more elegant, but my cheap hackish
way of accomplishing what you want is aliasing "clear && exit" to the
word "bye" -- or whatever you want.

Seems Linux always has several ways of accomplishing one task.

Have fun!