Re: Problem with F90 compiler after upgrade to libc6

> Chris Auld <auld@acs.ucalgary.ca> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday I used the autoup.sh script to upgrade libc5 -> libc6.
> > My NAG Fortran 90 compiler now crashes out with the following
> > error:
> >
> > 	f90 -w    -c global.f -o global.o
> > 	In file included from global.f:1:
> > 	/usr/local/lib/f90/f90.h:48: math.h: No such file or directory
> > 	make: *** [global.o] Error 1
> >

> Check if f90 uses libc5 via ldd and install a libc5 which can coexist
> with libc6.

Hmmm...  I'm confused here.  This is during the compile phase, which has nothing to
do with the libraries (unless the compiler itself uses libraries, in which case I
would expect a mismatch to cause the compiler to core dump, not this).  Why would
a change in libraries cause an include file not to be found?

Ken Summers
Albuquerque High Performance Computing Center
The University of New Mexico