Re: Weird diald behavior

> I have my "connect" parameter of diald.options pointing to "/usr/bin/pon
> ncia" and the "disconnect" parm pointing at "/usr/bin/poff".  I have
> diald.option's "ip-up" parameter pointing to "/etc/ppp/ip-up" and
> "ip-down" pointing to "/etc/ppp/ip-down".

i ran into a similar problem.  the problem, iirc, is that diald wants to
be in charge of bringing up pppd.  the script pointed at by the diald
connect param should only bring up the link, not bring up pppd.

i believe what is happening to you is that pon brings up both the link and
pppd.  then diald attempts to bring up pppd, which fails (since it is
already up) and times out, causing diald to call the disconnect script.

--
lantz moore, contigo software                         lantz_moore@contigo.com