Re: Linux system Instalation - CRC Error

Sounds like you there may be a media defect on the floppy you used for the
rescue disk.  Use another floppy.  This is pretty common.

Here is what I do do make a Debian boot floppy set.  It is kinda time
consuming, but it has pretty much eliminated this kind of problem for me.

DOS (Win95, whatever) format the stack of floppys that you plan to use for
your installation set.  Watch the output messages.  If the format program
marks any sectors as bad, toss the disk or at least dont use it to make
your installation set.

Mike