Re: posix procs: where is it gone ?

On: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 17:07:42 +0200 (METDST) Stelios Parnassidis writes:

>  Is the old (?) ps, the one with the PS_PEERSONALITY setting, to
>  find under debian ?
>
>  I'm running/poerting a huge package related to my job, which rely
>  very heavy on the posix conform switches of 'ps'.
>
>  One of a sudden sometime ago nothing goes anymore because in many
>  cases system("ps -ef ... ) is used, and it must stay like
>  that... :(

>From the manpage:

       to function correctly at some point in the future.  If you
       want to turn off the warnings, set the  I_WANT_A_BROKEN_PS
       environment variable.

This seems to be the quickest solution.

	Torsten

--
Whenever a system becomes completely defined, some damn fool discovers
something which either abolishes the system or expands it beyond recognition.