Re: Problems upgrading a2ps (hamm)

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 11:20:01PM -0700, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > The latest packages update includes a2ps_4.10.2-4.  When I try to upgrade
> > from 4.10-4 using dselect, it says that tetex-bin is recommended, but
> > if I unselect tetex-bin, the dependency resolution screen comes back
> > and selects it (and its dependencies) again.  Even selecting hold for this
> > package doesn't work.  This should only happen for required, not
> > recommended packages.
>
> Isn't this just dselect being obnoxious? Hit Q to force dselect to give up.
>
> Hamish
> --

	The strange thing is I've seen it work both ways.  There must be two levels
of 'recommended'.  One level is ok; but the more restricted level is the one
Bob is talking about.  The problem with using 'Q' is you have to use *every*
time you use dselect from that point on.  Not fun.  I'm with Bob,
'recommended' should *not* be so obnoxious.  Or maybe introduce another
level between required and recommended.

--
Ed