APT package list question

I'm playing around with APT and am running Slink.

Right now I've got apt set up to grab the non-us, frozen, and unstable
versions.  I did this originally thinking that something might change
in hamm that wouldn't be reflected in slink.  Seems to work fine,
though of course it adds download time to the update process.

The question I have is, am I being foolish (relating only to this
topic -- I don't want to waste the list's bandwidth to debate my many
other foolhardy ways:-)?  Is this necessary or do I only have to worry
about non-us and unstable?

--
 Regards,                |Debian GNU/__     o http://www.debian.org
 http://www8.zdnet.com/pcmag/pctech/content/16/13/os1613.001.html