Re: ISDN w/Debian

Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> >> "SS" == Shiraz Sayani <Shiraz.Sayani@Bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> SS> but although the connection to the ISP is made,
> SS> I cannot access anything via ppp e.g.
>
> SS> Bert# ping 195.121.1.34
> SS> PING 195.121.1.34 (195.121.1.34): 56 data bytes
> SS> (HiSax driver detected)
> SS> ping: sendto: Network is unreachable
> SS> ping: wrote 195.121.1.34 64 chars, ret=-1
>
> Looks like you don't have a default route set.

Well spotted. For some reason, I had defaultroute in
/etc/isdn/ipppd.ippp0 commented out.

Once I fixed this, everything works beautifully !!!!!!

Other settings in ipppd.ippp0 are similar but not the same
(probably due to CHAP authentication, and some changes I
made after observing the exchanges between ISP and my box).

If anyone wants the options I use fo CHAP, let me know and
I'll post them.

Thanks again fo the help. Another problem solved!

Shiraz