Re: The juggernaught expands?

On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 07:59:36PM -0700, George Bonser wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Derek Tam wrote:
>
> > I dunno if this is related, but http://linus.microsoft.com/ was spotted
> > the other day up and running Redhat 5.1.  nslookup showed that the
> > domain indeed resolved to a Microsoft netbock.  The domain has since
> > been removed.
> >
> > Derek
>
> No, probably has NOTHING to do with it.  Microsoft has always had a few
> linux webservers around for testing their browser.
> monkeyhead.microsoft.com is an example as is egg.microsoft.com though egg
> has had its Red Hat page replaced.
Actually, MS has used linux systems for several years- there is a farm of old
Slack 2.x boxes (I believe) that run the MS PBX system. Or, at least that's what
their network admin said to me personally a few years back when I visited. It's
kinda ironic that all the calls for help with windows problems get switched to
the support tech by a linux box. :)

| ian eure, network admin, freelance security consultant, and  |
| manically depressed paranoid schizophrenic, at your service. |
;           <ieure@minion.org> - http://minion.org             ;
:           raw speed = 105.6 wpm with 4.5% errors             :