Re: xman

On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 10:02:15AM +0000, Ulisses Alonso wrote:

> Hi Mark!
>
> On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Mark Yobb wrote:
>

> >         Hi folks!
> >
> > I am running Debian 1.3.1 (bo) and I can't seem to find xman.  I know it
> > comes with my CD because I had it installed at one time.  What .deb package
> > is xman included in?
>
> I suggest you to use tkman instead, its a tcl/tk manpage browser (not
> just pager), you will have to download it cause it's in the non-free
> section

I would be even more bold...install apache web server and install dwww.
dwww is really nice, it lets you browse man pages AND everything under
/usr/doc all from a web based interface. Just use <insert name of
favorite web browser here> to acess it on http://yourhost/dwww
its really a sweet package

as for xman...I always did like xman..and really wanted to have it again
...I found dwww a few days ago and I forgot all about my longing
for xman...I feel whole again.

> "Computers are useless. They can only give answers."            Pablo Picasso

hmm obviuously not a very imaginitive person ;)

-Steve