Re: gcc not finding header / library files

>         Hi.  I asked this question once before.  Unfortunately I did not
> phrase the question properly so the answer I got was helpful but not useful.
> Here goes again.
>
> I am running bo and I am have troubling compiling with gcc/g++.  The
> compiler does not find the prepocessor directive header files ie <iostream>
> etc unless I include a switch -B (or is it -L) with the path to my header
> and library files included.  Apparently I can set a enviornment variable so
> I won't have to do this all the time.  Who would I go about doing this?  Is
> there another way?

It's a -I switch for header files, and -L for libraries.  If properly
installed, g++ should find the C++ header files by default.  Are you
aware that you should use `g++' and not `gcc' ?

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032