Re: a few more questions

The netscape is an installer, yes.  What you do is download the 4.05
tar.gz from Netscape and put it in /tmp (owned by root).  Then you
install the installer package and it will set up Netscape.  I use
Netscape for my e-mail and have no problems with it.  I get about
400-600 e-mails a day.  As to a soundcard, I have always liked
SoundBlaster and the used ones w/ jumpers work good and are cheap.  The
plug-n-play ones are also rather easy to config and work fine.  I have
one of each (in two different systems).