Re: Please clarify...

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:50:15 +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

>Yes, but *there is no need for a re-install*! Debian has a great and
>superior upgrading mechanism, and your system will update cleanly through
>every version, even major version changes.

    Riiiight, that is why we see people in here complaining about problems
with a bo->hamm upgrade.  I'm sorry, but some things should have a reinstall.
 That is why the "superior" method it to seperate the static OS directories
on their own partitions and just wipe them out.  All you really need to save
is /etc.

--
             Steve C. Lamb             | Opinions expressed by me are not my
    http://www.calweb.com/~morpheus    | employer's.  They hired me for my