MTA suggestions

I have a hamm box, call it A, and a bo box call it B, and another box,
call it C. B and C communicate via UUCP to exchange mail.
A and B are usually not permanently connected, so I get A to route mail
to both B and C to B. A knows the full route to C so that B does
not have to process the mail on the way through. A & B talk
via UUCICO over TCP/IP. Both A&B run smail.

A & B are now pretty much permanently connected, and I want to switch
A at least to another MTA. I can get B to do the UUCP routing, but I want
to switch MTAs on B when it gets changed to hamm, probably. I am considering
exim for A, but I am not sure what to use for B. To what extentnt does exim
support UUCP? I've heard that it doesn't do UUCP routing, but does it
know enough to send one node's mail via UUCP, with no downleaf nodes?

Is there any reason to consider sendmail? For either A or B?
I heard 8.9.0 has good anti-spam, which is becoming a problem at A (but not B).

thanks,
Hamish