Re: Holy Water in my system? Daemons keep dying . . .

"Richard E. Hawkins Esq." <hawk@eyry.econ.iastate.edu> writes:

| lpd tends to die within a day or so, and pland dies within minutes, announcing
| (incorrectly) an application logout.

I'm not using pland but I get exactly the same behaviour with
lpd on our production system. If you find a solution for this,
I'd appreciate if you could notify me too (I do follow this
list, but just in case you find it yourself or someone mails
privately...)

My system information:

Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 (frozen) / x86
Linux kernel v2.1.101
libc6 2.0.7pre1-4
lpr 5.9-26

I get no messages of any kind to logs. As a side note, other
daemons have been working fine, but I've seen sshd dying on my
friend's box (with different versions of sshd (1.2.2{2,5} at
least) and otherwise very similar configuration to mine)
sometimes (not at all that often as lpd on my machine).

//Hannu