Unidentified subject!

 On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Bernt T. Hansen wrote:

 Johann asks:
 > > How do you clean the heads? [...]

 Bernt responds:
 > I have an internal SCSI tape drive (1/4").  All I do is open the
 > system up to expose the tape heads and use stereo casette tape
 > cleaning fluid on Qtips on the heads.

 > I have 2 bottles of cleaning fluid (Aiwa: Head Cleaner, and Pinch
 > Roller Cleaner) Standard cassette tape head cleaning stuff.  It works
 > great.  [...]

 I have heard that it is better to use the lint-free head cleaning swabs
 that can be bought at Radio Shack and other places, rather than Qtips.

 Does anyone know if lint-free is enough better to worry about it?

 --David

        LINUX: the FREE 32 bit OS for [3456]86 PC's available NOW!
 David B Teague | Ask me how user interface copyrights & software
 teague@wcu.edu | patents make programing a dangerous business.

 National Security Council nuclear explosion Treasury destabilize Pakistan
 hydrazine  ammonium nitrate  fuel oil cocaine assassinate counterfeit spy