fvwm95

I've just run dselect to try to download xview (I'm running hamm) and it
offered to install ~15-20 packages.  I said go ahead, and now my system,
which had had a nifty W$95 style desktop, seems to be running a blank X
system with one xterm.  I can use it to spawn new xterms and run
netscape (which I'm using to send this),  but I miss being able to click
an Icon to run netscape, and the clock, etc.  ps shows that fvwm95 is
running for me.  What must I do to restore order.  I'm a command-line
kind of guy, I'm afraid I find the X environment a bit daunting.  TIA
for any tips you might have.