Re: Install/Uninstall dramas (novice user)

Terence Kearns wrote:

> Well I have a somewhat broken installation of apache 1.2.6 that I want
> to remove, I can't use dpkg because it wasn't installed with debian. How
> do I go about cleanly removing the old one so that I can install apache
> 1.3.0 - is it just a matter of going through and deleting all the
> directories manually (whereever I can find apache related file) ???

	Are you using the Midnight Commander (MC) file manager?  If so the easy way
is to "step into" (using MC's VFS capability - with cursor line on tarball,
press enter) the tar file on one panel so you can see all the files/dirs of
the tarball, and use the tarball itself as a guide as you delete related
files/dirs in the other panel.  MC should be required software, its that
good.

--
Ed