Re: HAMM ftp proxy install / Hamm Installing / blah

The Darkling wrote:lots of good stuff deleted

> choose FTP
>
> ftp.debian.org
> (passive or not.. I don't go through a firewall so I use non-passive and
> no proxie)

well here we have the problem Iam behind a firewall and that was my
original question. I have installed debian five times over ppp and ftp but
never thru a firewall. And I did not get it to work. I have a ftp accunt
that I can use to get outside and I have checked that it worked. In my
problem is that I dont know perl and cant find where the script fucks up. I
need some help from a perl hacker.